Sunday, February 12, 2012

Got My Assignments!

I got my February block assignment for We Bee Modern Too, and can you say way too excited? Yea, that was me. Kersten from Frozen Knickers graciously took February as her month and picked 'Missing Your Kiss' on page 114. She asked us to build from our stash, keep the background neutral, and the make the border bright. It was rainy/snowing here, and I had absolutely no plans to leave the house so obviously, I got started on my block right away.

I was a little sad when I realized I didn't have any light grey for the background. I went with white instead, and I like how it turned out. I grabbed some wonderful and trusted old standbys such as Joel Dewberry Herringbone in Pond and 2 pieces of Denyse Schmidt's Hope Valley line for the Xs as well as some newer fabrics like Lotta Jansdotter's Woven in Navy from Echo. Choosing fabrics was super hard because I had to pick only 8!

The Xs came together swimmingly and I was very pleased with them. I loved how wonky they turned out.


I got stuck again picking a border. Kersten asked us to keep it solid and bright. I auditioned solids of EVERY color, and for some reason none of them spoke to me. I decided to do the chores I had been putting off all day, and when I came back to my block, teal was the perfect color.



I was very happy with how it turned out, and I hope Kersten likes it as well! I am still waiting on my fabric to arrive for my first block in We Bee Modern. It is coming from Cananda! Hopefully it will be here on Monday and I will have another pretty block to put up. Until then, I will leave you with Gus.


2 comments:

Yay! You are leaving a comment! I love hearing from you and try to respond to every comment. If you do not allow blogger to show me your email, the only way I can respond to you is here, so check back! Thanks for reading!