Wednesday, March 6, 2013

At your request

I had a bunch of people ask about my cone thread holder that I showed in my last post. I got it for Christmas, so I didn't know the specifics. But after asking mom, I can now tell you what it is!


The actual name of the one I have is the Alphasew Cone Thread Holder. I know there are other varieties out there, but this one has a crazy heavy base so that it won't tip over and/or provides great tension. Plus, the pole part is metal. It is just very durable. I only looked briefly, but I didn't see it in too many major supply stores when I googled it. There were a couple shops that came up (here and here), but feel free to do some internet searching yourselves.

The purpose of this tool is to allow you to use spools of thread that are too large to fit in your machine. It sits behind the machine, feeds thread over the top, and then into your normal threading pathway. It is really hard to take a picture of thread, but I gave it my best shot. Haha. It is a very cost effective solution for any of us who go through A LOT of thread. I hope this was helpful!

5 comments:

  1. Thank youuu! I found that Dritz has a similar one too, not sure how sturdy it is or anything, but just a finding on a google search :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always wondered how those worked!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think if I had one of those, my cats would have thread wrapped all around them and my house! They're already intrigued with my sewing machine, that would just make their day. So, I think I'll keep using my little spools of thread! It's a great idea for catless people tho!

    ReplyDelete

Yay! You are leaving a comment! I love hearing from you and try to respond to every comment. If you do not allow blogger to show me your email, the only way I can respond to you is here, so check back! Thanks for reading!