Tuesday, July 29, 2014

More Facing East

How is my Facing East Quilt coming? Gloriously. I am so in love with it. It is easy paper piecing and quite a well written pattern.




Happy happy colors. And I added some embellishment that you can only see close up!


Once I had pieced all of the templates, I had to begin applique! I don't have a lot of applique practice, so this was definitely new for me.






I am so excited to see it done and on the couch! At this point, I only have 5 circles left to applique. At the moment though, I am sitting in front of my computer trying to distract myself from my itchy, poison ivy covered arms. Have I mentioned that I hate my job? Haha.

8 comments:

  1. I love the pattern.Your color selection is wonderful!
    Is it in her new book?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so amaze-balls. Really it is : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! How has the appliqué gone? I'm a bit worried about that part....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the post of the design wall picture... I had one of those classic dughhhh moments when I saw how you had the fabric/color posted on the blocks to come. Gives a much better perspective then in a stack on the table.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Rebecca, I didn't think to use a design wall for future blocks, great idea! I'll have to use it:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know I'm late, but i have to say that your quilt is coming along amazingly. I love that it's in solid colors arranged without any pattern. The lighter colors are a nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fantastic! What a fun design, will be a great finish soon.

    ReplyDelete

Yay! You are leaving a comment! I love hearing from you and try to respond to every comment. If you do not allow blogger to show me your email, the only way I can respond to you is here, so check back! Thanks for reading!